Project MotiVATE is currently seeking a Mentor/Volunteer Coordinator for the 2017-2018 school year!
The responsibilities of the Mentor/Volunteer Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and conducts recruitment, interviews and orientations for mentors and volunteers
- Manages and advises the mentors and provides support to the mentee-mentor relationship
- Facilitates regular mentor check-ins/meetings and ensures that mentors are completing contact logs
- Coordinates mentor training/retreats in Fall and Spring; organizes additional training as needed
- Manages volunteers by delegating tasks and projects
- Works closely with Program Director and Mentee/Parent Coordinator to identify issues of concern for mentors, mentees and their families; and refers appropriate resources
- Plans annual mentor appreciation activities
To apply, please visit www.projectmotivate.org !
Project MotiVATe ensures that all mentees graduate high school or obtain a GED, and pursue higher education while creating opportunities for personal growth, cultural connectedness, and social responsibility through:
- Mentorship: A Mentor provides each mentee with guidance and support. This relationship is an integral aspect of the Mentee's development in the program. Mentors and Mentees maintain contact at least once a week in addition to Study Hall and Monthly Activities.
- Summer Camp: The annual camp helps develop bonds among members of the Project MotiVATe family, fosters a positive and supportive environment and establishes relationships for the upcoming school year. Activities consist of team building, leadership workshops, academic and career planning sessions, and cultural awareness activities.
- Study Hall: Project MotiVATe offers weekly study hall sessions where academic tutors work with Mentees to improve academic skills and study habits. At study hall, Mentees also receive academic counseling, college preparation assistance, and participate in workshops.
- Monthly Activities: Monthly activities are designed to expose youth to enriching experiences and promote civic engagement, such as college and career fairs, museum trips, and community and cultural events.
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18