Project MotiVATE is currently seeking a Mentee/Parent Coordinator for the 2017-2018 school year!
The responsibilities of the Mentee/Parent Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Coordinate and conduct recruitment, interviews and orientations
for potential mentees and their families
Conduct check-ins with mentees and parents as needed, including mentors as resources
Create and manage system for tracking mentees’ academic performance (progress reports) and delegate mentors/volunteers to tutor mentees as necessary
Maintain and update mentee files
Organize bi-annual parent-mentor meetings and provide relevant resources (e.g., parenting/teen psychology info) to parents
Develop an external network of resources for mentee referrals
Work closely with Program Director and Mentor/Volunteer
Coordinator to identify issues of concern for mentors, mentees and
their families; and refers appropriate resources
Project MotiVATe ensures that all mentees graduate high school or obtain a GED, and pursue higher education while creating opportunities for personal growth, cultural connectedness, and social responsibility through:
- Mentorship: A Mentor provides each mentee with guidance and support. This relationship is an integral aspect of the Mentee's development in the program. Mentors and Mentees maintain contact at least once a week in addition to Study Hall and Monthly Activities.
- Summer Camp: The annual camp helps develop bonds among members of the Project MotiVATe family, fosters a positive and supportive environment and establishes relationships for the upcoming school year. Activities consist of team building, leadership workshops, academic and career planning sessions, and cultural awareness activities.
- Study Hall: Project MotiVATe offers weekly study hall sessions where academic tutors work with Mentees to improve academic skills and study habits. At study hall, Mentees also receive academic counseling, college preparation assistance, and participate in workshops.
- Monthly Activities: Monthly activities are designed to expose youth to enriching experiences and promote civic engagement, such as college and career fairs, museum trips, and community and cultural events.
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18