Project MotiVATE is currently seeking a Development Coordinator for the 2016-2017 school year!
The responsibilities of the Development Coordinator include, but are not limited to, assisting the Program Director:
- Seek out grant/funding opportunities and submit grant proposals
- Assist in grants management
- Provide reports to funders as needed
- Maintain donor records and send thank-you notes to donors
- Oversee coordination of fundraising events
- Work with Fundraising Committee Chairs
Project MotiVATe ensures that all mentees graduate high school or obtain a GED, and pursue higher education while creating opportunities for personal growth, cultural connectedness, and social responsibility through:
- Mentorship: A Mentor provides each mentee with guidance and support. This relationship is an integral aspect of the Mentee's development in the program. Mentors and Mentees maintain contact at least once a week in addition to Study Hall and Monthly Activities.
- Summer Camp: The annual camp helps develop bonds among members of the Project MotiVATe family, fosters a positive and supportive environment and establishes relationships for the upcoming school year. Activities consist of team building, leadership workshops, academic and career planning sessions, and cultural awareness activities.
- Study Hall: Project MotiVATe offers weekly study hall sessions where academic tutors work with Mentees to improve academic skills and study habits. At study hall, Mentees also receive academic counseling, college preparation assistance, and participate in workshops.
- Monthly Activities: Monthly activities are designed to expose youth to enriching experiences and promote civic engagement, such as college and career fairs, museum trips, and community and cultural events.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Donor Management
- Youth Services
- Community Outreach
- Program Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18