POSITION SUMMARY You will help low to moderate income families improve their ability to budget and make well-informed decisions, by using the MyBudgetCoach program and completing a 12 month program, working one-on-one with your member(s). You will act as a catalyst for good financial behavior, delivering the tools and information needed to achieve their financial goal.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS You will be matched with a member who you will coach on effective money management, spending, debt, savings, and other relevant money matters. You will not budget the members’ money for them. Instead, you will coach them through the process of doing it for themselves in ways that fit their personal wants, needs and goals.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- · Be supportive, listen and educate, motivate, don’t fix the members’ problems, just give them advice.
- · Help the client fix their own problems.
- · Assist in helping the member identify central issues or concerns in their own situations.
- · Continuing support to remind the member to practice new behaviors.
- · Goal setting, action planning and monitoring.
- · Building skills and teaching content based on the client’s unique needs and goals.
- · Guide member through the process by engaging in active listening and critical questioning.
- · Respect members’ decisions and goals.
- Encourage the member as they work through each step of reaching their goal(s) by providing accountability and keeping them on track with their action plan.
- · Complete program Intake, Budgeting Fundamentals, and Budget Coaching Agreement.
- · Meet with member at least one time per month for twelve months, either in person and/or on line and work towards completing all twelve coaching sessions.
- · Review credit report, outlining the detail in each section of the report. This should include what all the terms mean and how to look at the errors on the report.
- · Use the Coach’s log in to track your members at least one time per week on expense and goal tracking assignments.
- · Review spending and develop a Plan/Budget.
- · Analyze budget usage, make necessary adjustments per the member’s experience, and monitor progress towards achieving goals.
- · Review homework, review budget and Goal Trackers. Review Comparison Shopping strategies and assign homework.
- · Empower each member to be the expert on his/her specific need(s), goal(s), and choice(s) and to set a reasonable time line.
- · Discuss with member to assess savings potential and emergency savings plans.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- · Excellent communication skills, ability to comfortably communicate with people you do not know, comfortable work with people of diverse backgrounds and economic conditions .
- · Organizational skills and time-bound collaborative with members, a must.
- · Intermediate computer and internet skills.
- · Must complete the MyBudgetCoach Training.
- · The MyBudgetCoach coaching process is designed for working with the clients over time, rather than through one-time engagements. You must be willing to complete long-term accountability and coaching with members.
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- meet with client 1 time for 12 months
- Excellent communications skills & intermediate computer & internet skills