Location: Save The Bay Center, 100 Save The Bay Dr., Providence, RI.
Dates: This internship will be offered year-round
Overview of position: Are you a creative-minded individual looking to develop a career in communications, public relations or marketing? Save The Bay is seeking a highly motivated individual to support Save The Bay’s public relations initiatives. This is a flexible internship that can work with students and graduates with a variety of skills: writing, graphic design, social media, marketing, media relations, analytics, HTML, web design, research, interviewing, or any combination of these. This internship will be approximately 14-21 hours per week.
Save The Bay is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide education to the community about protecting and restoring the ecological health of the Narragansett Bay region.
What you will gain:
Depending on your skills and unique internship experience, you may develop:
- Experience researching, interviewing for, and writing press releases
- A portfolio of marketing pieces designed to support real-world promotional needs
- An understanding of branding principles applied in a real-world organizational setting
- A portfolio of news releases, feature stories, and web content
- Experience managing media lists, contacts, and online community calendars
- Integrated marketing plans to support special events and public programs
What we require:
- College students, recent graduates, graduate students or beginning professionals working towards having obtained a BA/BS or higher degree in liberal arts, public relations, communications, or a related field
- Computer experience (MS Office, Mac platform, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Experience and proficiency in the applicable skills listed on the position overview
- Attention to detail, positive attitude and ability to work with quick deadlines and changing priorities
We offer unpaid internship opportunities. We will gladly work with your university if they offer college credit for unpaid internships.
This internship is offered year round with a rolling application process.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out our application in the following link for this internship or any others you are interested in. The Application can also be found at www.savebay.org/volunteer under the Internships tab.
In addition to the standard application materials, please submit 1-2 work samples that reflect the internship area on which you wish to focus.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Communications Internship - Save...
- South Coast Center Internship
- Save The Bay - South County...
- Save The Bay Development...
- Habitat Internship - Save The Bay
- Volunteer At A Hands-On Aquarium...
- Events Internship
- Volunteer Management Internship
- Education and Aquarist Internship
- Environmental Education Internship