Wildlife Phone Operator/Receptionists needed at Tucson Wildlife Center
DONATE TO THIS
23 people are interested
Wildlife Phone Operator/Receptionist: These volunteers are critical in helping us answer our busy phones and greet people bringing wild animals to the hospital. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year but are looking for operators for our peak phone times, every day from 8am to 7pm in the summer, and 9am to 6pm in the winter. Morning and afternoon shifts are available. Weekend shifts still open!
Volunteering as a phone operator will expose volunteers to the following:
- Answering questions about native Arizona wildlife
- Directing callers to leave and monitor animals that may not need help
- Providing humane solutions to evict nuisance wildlife
- Determine what an emergency is and work with staff to arrange a rescue
Experience is not necessary, and training will be provided. Multitasking is a plus, as well as a general knowledge of native Arizona wildlife, but not required. Good customer service skills and ability to interact with the public in a professional manner is required. Since we log all calls, good handwriting is a plus as well. Some light clerical work (data entry) may also be expected.
We'll work with your schedule.
13275 E Speedway BlvdTucson, AZ 85748
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- at least one weekly shift for 3 months