Cabin Counselors Needed at LGBTQ Teen Summer Camp!
15 people are interested
Camp Brave Trails is a leadership focused summer camp for LGBTQ teens! We are looking for awesome adult role models to serve as Cabin Counselors for one or more weeks this summer. We also have support staff positions.
To Apply & Learn more, visit http://www.bravetrails.org/volunteer/
Camp Brave Trails Cabin Counselor are volunteers who give their time for one, two, or more weeks in the summer to change and LGBTQ teen's life!
Counselors have one of the most important jobs at camp as they will be spending the most time with the campers. You and your fellow co-counselors will be responsible for the well-being of the campers in your cabin. Your attitude, enthusiasm, passion, and participation will shape the positive experiences your campers will have at camp. As a cabin counselor, your role is to supervise campers, insure their mental and physical wellbeing, and make everyone feels supported. You will also facilitate icebreakers, conversation, and fun cabin activities! This experience will be tons of fun, at times difficult, but ultimately extremely rewarding! Brave Trails senior staff will be here to support you every step of the way. If you have lots of energy, a positive attitude, are not afraid to sing camp songs or dress up in silly outfit, enjoy working with youth and have worked with youth before, apply!Volunteer Staff Requirement
1) Must be passionate about and knowledgeable of LGBTQ people, culture, terms, and issues.
2) Must be 21 years old or older.
3) Complete the Volunteer Application & Interview.
4) Must pass a government issued fingerprint clearance test and criminal background check.
5) MUST be able to attend the mandatory pre-camp training and the full camp session.
6) Understand this is a volunteer commitment. You will not be compensated for your travel to and from camp or time. Room and board will be covered by Camp Brave Trails.
About Brave Trails
1251 HI POINT ST, LOS ANGELES, CA 90035, US
The Brave Trails Mission is to provide lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth and their allies, ages 12-20, innovative, impactful summer camp programs that foster meaningful relationships and develop 21 st century skills to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Brave Trails uses summer camp to prepare ambitious youth for long-term success. Our programming focuses do developing campers in four key areas: Leadership, Community Building, Self Realization, and Service . With these skills, youth will be primed to thrive in their schools, workplace, and personal life. In addition, youth will have the knowledge and confidence to implement innovative social change in their communities. Brave Trails uses workshops, activities, service projects, and positive role models to create a safe space where youth can thrive.
Camp Brave TrailsLos Angeles, CA 90034
- Child Development
- Youth Services
- Group Facilitation
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1 or 2 Week Commitment + 3 Days of Training
- Must be passionate about and knowledgeable of LGBTQ people, culture, terms, and issues. Must be 21 years old or older. Complete the Volunteer Application & Interview. Must pass a government fingerprint test & criminal background check.