For Princeton Area Residents:
The Suppers Programs seeks a volunteer to help with traditional publicity outlets to promote our events in the Princeton area and get the word out about our organization. Tasks include: keeping track of free calendar listings and posting events every month, maintaining a media list of print media; researching possibilities for posting events among local churches and organizations, taking photos for fliers and distributing fliers and print newsletters. Our social media needs are covered; we need a volunteer for traditional media.
Suppers is a network of peer-led support groups where people learn to develop a palate for, cook, and eat real, whole food. We serve people who have or are concerned about chronic illnesses that are largely preventable or reversible with diet and lifestyle change: diabetes, obesity, heart disease, digestive problems, autoimmune diseases and addiction. This 3.5 minute video describes our work:
Ours is a volunteer organization and this is an unpaid position. However, our publicity intern will enjoy fabulously delicious meals provided at our meetings and a chance to meet people who are interested in health and food.
Contact: Dor Mullen, Dor@thesuppersprograms.org
Hours: Irregular, entirely flexible hours, about 5 - 10 per month, more when you attend lunch meetings
Location: Activity is in and around Princeton
* the intern will have an intense interest in healthy food and home food preparation. (interest is more important than experience)
* the intern will be comfortable with the technical equipment and work well with older people (50s - 70s)
* the ideal candidate will have personal experience of turning around a health challenge using natural methods such as whole food, meditation, stress management, etc.
* the intern will need to watch these two videos prior to contacting us and state in their application why they are interested in serving a small non-profit that is dedicated to helping people lead a healthier life on whole food.
Please send your resume to Janemilrod@gmail.com with a cover letter or email detailing your relevant experience and the reason for your interest.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Internet Research
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 5-10 hours per week