Become a volunteer visitor for a lonely elder in Marin county, specifically around San Rafael, Ross and Novato. New volunteer trainings occcur often! Great Opportunity for Busy Folks who Still want to Volunteer!
- Want to help an isolated elder to feel less alone?
- Interested in making a difference in an elderly person's quality of life?
- Able to visit an elder community member in their home?
As a volunteer visitor for "ElderWISE" ("Working in Service to Elders"), an outreach program of Episcopal Senior Communities, Senior Resources, you will:
- Receive free training in interpersonal and listening skills
- Be matched with an elder to whom you will provide friendly companionship and a compassionate presence
- Benefit from joining a community of caring volunteers who receive ongoing support
Time Commitment: 6-month minimum, visiting your elder between 2-4 times per month.
Qualifications: a free background check & fingerprinting; availability for our next training coming up soon!
Most of our clients are currently living in the areas between Novato and San Rafael, including Ross and Mill Valley.
Bilingual volunteers strongly encouraged to apply, but everybody appreciated and most welcome!
For more information, please contact: Franchesca Trudeau at 707-978-5058 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us today!
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 friendly visits/ month, for at least 6 months
- attend one new volunteer training, get background checked (paid for by ElderWISE)