Hospice Volunteers make a difference in the lives of those living with a terminal illness
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
87 people are interested
Hospice Volunteers help make a difference every day by brightening the lives of people living with a terminal illness.
Volunteers serve as friendly visitors for patients and their families by providing companionship, respite, errands,and other support. Some Volunteers have unique skills like music or writing and that can be integrated into the patient's plan of care care.
Hospice patients live in nursing facilities, board and care facilities and in private homes. Full training is provided.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Valley's Best Hospice - AV
43805 15th Street West, Lancaster, CA 93534, US
Valley’s Best Hospice - AV is committed to providing the highest quality hospice and palliative care to the residents of our communities, with the primary goal of improving the quality of life when the quantity of life is limited.
We will strive to be an organization which provides excellence in every encounter. As a result we will be recognized by:
- Our patients as the caregiver of choice.
- Our employees as the employer of choice.
- Our community as their hospice of choice.
Valley’s Best Hospice - AV Values
Our Employees and their Development
- We will foster trust and respect within the organization.
- We will train and educate employees for the future.
- We will promote from within whenever appropriate.
Open and Honest Communication
- We value open, constructive, timely and clear communications.
- We will protect individuals’ right to freely exchange ideas and express opinions and concerns, accomplished in an open and constructive manner.
- We recognize our success together is a direct result of our efforts as a team.
- We will develop and empower teams to identify and resolve organizational issues and concerns.
- We will be collectively responsible for the organizations’ success and or/failures.
The Patient & Family
- We will make understanding and satisfying our patients and families’ needs our top priority.
Highest Personal and Professional Standards
- We will recruit, reward and retain employees of the highest caliber.
- We will hold each other accountable to act in ways consistent with our values.
Valley's Best Hospice - AV, is a state licensed Hospice Agency in Lancaster, CA, caring for terminally ill patients throught the Antelope Valley.
We'll work with your schedule.
43805 15th Street WestLancaster, CA 93534
- Spiritual Healing
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week