We are currently seeking a highly-motivated volunteer to assist our immigration office with various, specialized tasks, including community outreach, some grant-writing, and other assignments. Work would be conducted primarily away from the office, but in close correspondance with our immigration legal advisor. This is a great opportunity to become involved with Greensboro's large and diverse refugee and immigrant population. It is also a great opportunity for students or professionals looking to change professions to gain valuable experience.
Candidates must have strong written communication skills. A background in social work and a knowledge of foreign cultures is preferred, but not required. Interested candidates should include a resume and cover letter in their response.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Storage Cleanup
- Office Assistant Volunteer
- RSP (Refugee Scholar Program)...
- Move-In Crew
- Transportation Assistant
- Pre-Employment Assistant
- Volunteer Interpreters
- Case Management Assistant
- Administrative Support Volunteer
- Cultural Orientation Assistant
- Language Interpretation Services
- Immigration Volunteer or Intern
- First Friends Community Support