This is a Volunteer Dog Training Class Supervisor position for our Adult Basic Manners Session Classes.
Volunteers within this role will get to work in an intimate environment with Spay and Neuter Kansas City Clients and their puppies, and will be responsible for assisting the Class Director, helping set-up and break-down before and after class, monitoring animal interaction and behavior, assisting clients with training exercises and cues, and answering client's questions.
The purpose of this class is to keep dogs happily in their homes by addressing and correcting problems by targeting basic manner and behavior issues, to strengthen the human-canine bond and educate pet owners to empower them to better understand the needs of their pets and to increase pet retention.
Volunteers interested in this position will meet one-on-one with the Class Director prior to acceptance into this role, as well as, meet one-on-one with the Class Director for training.
- Problem Solving
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours every Saturday per 5 week session
- Experience in Dog Training or Dog Behavior is encouraged but not required.
- Puppy Training: Assistant...
- Join the Movement!
- Fundraising Team/Event...
- Outreach Veterinarian
- Street Team
- Pet Food Pantry Volunteer
- Concessions Team (Sprint Center)
- Pet Food Delivery
- Southeast Clinic Street Team
- Bilingual Street Team Volunteers
- First Friday Street Team
- Recruitment Video Production
- Clinical Resource Maintenance
- Concessions Lead (Sprint Center)
- Dog Training: Assistant Supervisor
- Kennel Attendant
- Volunteer Programs Assistant...
- Veterinary Technician
- Clinic Assistant