You would drive (or ride along and assist) in our refrigerated trucks picking up food each day! This program is known as "Store recovery" and is crucial in obtaining food for needy people. We pick up from local store like Bashes, Walmart, Fry's and others the foods they would otherwise throw away.
You will be providing nutritional foods to Veterans, Senior Citizens, Homeless and Families in need. This is a very rewarding outreach, some of our volunteer team members have been doing this for many years.This is a great opportunity for anyone with time to share in the morning hours of the weekdays. Start at 7 AM and be done before Noon.
- Truck Driver- D.O.T card (not CDL, a very simple physical) is required and we pay the cost.
- Truck Helper- Ride with Driver to grocery stores on route, operate pallet jacks, assist Driver, sweep truck at end of shift, etc.
- Alternate- Be available (on call) as a back up driver or ride along. At least one day notice.
Must be available at least one time per month, to start.
Truck Driver and Helpers meet at 7am at the food bank and begin truck routes. Routes are typically finished by 12pm so this volunteer commitment is roughly 5 hours. *Please include your phone number in response so we can reach you. Thank you!
- Truck Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Transportation Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Shift is 5 hours 7am-12pm, At least 1 shift per week