Strategic Planning Committee Member
59 people are interested
Passion for Life, Inc, is a 501C (3) non-profit organization; we are seeking business planning professionals to serve on the strategic planning committee. As a strategic planning committee member, you will work with a with the board and collaborative team to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to achieve the mission, vision and strategic direction for Passion for Life, Inc.
Estimated time commitment and meeting format
- Attend monthly meetings
- Participation in a bi-weekly conference call
- Participation in Passion for Life, Inc. events, taking part in at least one Passion for Life, Inc. event of program activity per quarter.
- Estimated time commitment: 5-10 hours/ month depending needs
- Busiest time period: work is consistent throughout the school year
Term limit: One-year commitment
You will be expected to participate in the following:
- Development: Assist with the development of strategic plan and strategies to increase capacity to serve the community.
- Implementation : Making recommendations to the full board related to the organization's mission, vision, strategic initiatives, major programs and services.
- Assist with identifying critical strategic issues facing the organization. Assisting in analysis of alternative strategic options. marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data. process, including development of a three to five-year strategic plan with measurable goals and time targets.
- Understanding the organization’s industry, market/community, and core competencies. Keeping up-to-date on industry and local market trends, career readiness needs, advances in technology and other Sample Strategic Planning Committee Charter,
- Identify opportunities to improve the scope, cost effectiveness and quality of services provided by the organization.
- Periodically reviewing the mission, vision and strategic plan, and recommending changes to the board
- Annually reviewing the strategic plan and recommending updates as needed based on changes in the market, community needs, and other factors
- Reviewing and forwarding to the board strategic plans of subsidiary organizations to assure they are aligned with the system’s strategic direction and goals
- Reviewing major new programs and services. Developing criteria for management to use in evaluating potential strategic investments.
- Assisting in development of a strategic dashboard of key indicators. Monitoring the organization’s performance against measurable targets
Skills and abilities needed to succeed as a member of the Strategic Planning Committee:
- Direct experience developing and implementing marketing strategy.
- Experience with development of branding strategies and strategic planning experience
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Marketing management, Graphic design, Digital Marketing, content development, public relations
- Prior experience in nonprofit environment a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with a team. Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in meetings and task forces; seen as a leader.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization (both internal and external).
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and high degree of personal initiative.
If you are interested, please DO NOT APPLY via volunteermatch. Copy the following URL to your browser, and apply via our application system: https://jobsp4l.has-jobs.com/board-of-directors-member-atlanta-ga/55489/0
We'll work with your schedule.
PO Box 88715Atlanta, GA 30356
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month