Volunteer at a Stray Dog Rescue Project in Thailand
5 people are interested
Started in 2013, the animal shelter aims to stabilize the stray dog population by providing necessary healthcare and vaccinations, adoptions, and public education about animal care. However, the demand for these services is ever growing, limiting the capabilities in the field. That’s why they need your help as a volunteer!
You will work directly with trained veterinarians and staff to perform the following tasks:
- Participate in daily feeding runs to feed and monitor the health of the different dog packs
- Assist in the administration of veterinarian care like sterilizations, vaccinations or minor surgeries
- Befriend local dog packs to build trust with humans and socialize them
- Cleaning of the clinic and general maintenance, such as sweeping cages, fixing fences or cleaning animal areas
- Upkeep social media to spread awareness of the project
- Work with local community to educate and encourage the safe, proper care of dogs
We'll work with your schedule.
- Animal Care / Handling
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 weeks minimum
- Must have up-to-date rabies shots at the time of travel