Lead Yoga Classes for International Travelers
25 people are interested
Teach yoga to hostel guests and the Austin community on the beautiful hike and bike trail. HI Austin aims to provide guests and the community opportunities to share culture and refresh for a great time in Austin. We are seeking a volunteer yoga teacher for 1 or 2 classes per month. Donation based classes are fine! Yoga mats are provided as well as online advertising. Must be certified yoga instructor.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication and more!
- Participate in appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
About Hostelling International Austin
2200 S Lakeshore Blvd, Austin, TX 78741, US
"To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling."
Hostelling International-Austin operates a 47 bed hostel in Austin. Located centrally on the southeast shore of Ladybird Lake on the hike and bike trail, HI-Austin has been serving hostellers visiting Austin since 1989.
In addition, to further our mission we host free travel classes in the Austin and San Antonio area. Our travel classes are curriculum based and include: World Travel 101, Women Traveling Solo, Europe on a Shoestring, US National Parks and Hostel Hopping, Family Budget Travel and more!
We also have a youth education program called Cultural Kitchen that involves youth coming to hostel, cooking a meal for hostel guests and meeting others from around the world.
For more information please visit:
We'll work with your schedule.
2200 S Lakeshore BlvdAustin, TX 78741
- Public Speaking
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Spiritual Healing
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 classes per month
- Yoga certification