Do You Have One Hour a Week to Provide Companionship to a Hospice Patient?
56 people are interested
Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care needs your help. If you have the capacity to care about others, to show compassion, to listen to stories, then you have what it takes to become a hospice volunteer. Your neighbors in the Reisterstown area need your help to support them on their hospice journey. No medical or personal care involved - just simple caring from the heart. Assignments are flexible, based on your availability and always close to your home. Companionship visits are simple, caring interactions but mean the world to our patients.
YOU can be that difference by...
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Looking at photos together and sharing memories (life review)
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
- Journaling (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Helping with children
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
Contact Seasons Hospice today! You can fill out a volunteer application online at www.seasons.org or call us at 888-523-6000.
We'll work with your schedule.
ReisterstownReisterstown, MD 21136
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - We'll work with your schedule!