Making Moments Matter: Be a Friend to Hospice Patients in Cecil County
22 people are interested
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Maryland needs compassionate volunteers to make friendly visits to our patients in Cecil County. Being a hospice volunteer is simple, yet profoundly rewarding. There is no medical or personal care involved in being a hospice volunteer - just caring from the heart! Visits are based on your schedule and are always close to your home. You receive extensive support and training from Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care. Companionship visits are simple, caring interactions, but mean the world to our patients.
YOU can be that difference by...
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Looking at photos together and sharing memories (life review)
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
- Journaling (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Helping with children
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
Volunteer opportunities are available to visit patients at their homes or nursing facilities in Cecil County. Please contact Seasons Hospice today to learn how you can make a difference! You can fill out the volunteer application online at www.seasons.org. Show a hospice patient that you care by volunteering in their time of greatest need for a friendly face and a listening ear.
We'll work with your schedule.
Singerly RoadElkton, MD 21921
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - We will work with your schedule!