A Smile, A Warm Hand, and A Listening Ear: Become a Hospice Volunteer
49 people are interested
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care is in need of compassionate volunteers to provide friendly visits to our patients in Harford County. You will be joining a dedicated team of volunteers who enhance the circle of care provided to our patients and their loved ones on the end of life journey. No medical or personal care required. Flexible schedule, based on your availability and close to your home - helping neighbors in your own community in Harford County. Companionship visits are simple, caring interactions, but mean the world to our patients. Extensive training and support provided. Volunteer opportunities are available in patients' homes or at nursing care facilities.
YOU can be that difference by...
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Looking at photos together and sharing memories (life review)
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
- Journaling (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Helping with children
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
Contact Seasons today at 888-523-6000! You can fill out the volunteer application online at www.seasons.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
Forest HillForest Hill, MD 21050
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training