Simply Being Present is the Most Important Gift to Give to a Hospice Patient
52 people are interested
Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care is in need of compassionate volunteers to provide friendly visits to our patients in Anne Arundel County. No medical or personal care required. Flexible schedule, based on your availability and close to your home - helping neighbors in your own community. Companionship visits are simple, caring interactions, but mean the world to our patients. Extensive training and support is provided by Seasons Hospice. Volunteer opportunities are available in patients' homes and nursing facilities.
YOU can be that difference by...
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Looking at photos together and sharing memories (life review)
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
- Journaling (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Helping with children
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
Contact Seasons Hospice today! Call 888-523-6000. You can fill out a volunteer application online at www.seasons.org.
About Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
5457 Twin Knolls Road, Suite 100, Columbia, MD 21045, US
Our Mission: Honoring Life ~ Offering Hope We serve families in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Carroll, Cecil, Harford, Howard, Montgomery and Prince George's Counties.
Our Vision is to:
- recognize that individuals and families are the true experts in their own care.
- support our staff so they can put our patients and families first.
- find creative solutions which add quality to life.
- strive for excellence beyond accepted standards.
- increase the community's awareness of hospice as part of the continuum of care.
We'll work with your schedule.
Sparrows PointSparrows Point, MD 21219
- Elder care
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training