Volunteer with our State Affairs department! Volunteers foster a deeper understanding of the animal protection issues in their state and are able to make a real difference for animals by helping to support the mission of The HSUS. Volunteers have the opportunity to strengthen various skills, gain knowledge of The HSUS and learn how the work of the State Affairs department fits into the larger picture of animal protection.
The State Affairs department’s volunteers support our state directors in their work to celebrate animals and confront cruelty in their states. Greater volunteer involvement can expand each state director’s reach into local communities and in the legislature.
We have several volunteer opportunities in West Virginia: administrative support, events, legislative assistant and research assistant.
We do NOT accept any court ordered community service. Before becoming an official volunteer, you must sign a volunteer agreement and a waiver and release of liability.
Learn more about the roles and apply here: http://bit.ly/2aje1C1
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week for 3-6 months
- Promote animal protection in the...
- Provide support for volunteer...
- Administrative Volunteer —...
- District Leader Volunteer
- Help animals in West Virginia!
- Help animals! Volunteer for a...
- Volunteer at America's largest...
- Help Horses at Duchess Sanctuary
- Make phone calls to help protect...
- Use your web skills to help...