The Public Relations / Communications Manager is responsible for all external communication to the media and general public on behalf of the organization.
- Attend all required meetings
- Provide all media (newspapers, cable TV, radio, web sites, etc.) with notices of upcoming productions, newsworthy events and advertising
- Write press releases, posting on Word Press, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Develop and distribute all publicity for every production and for general activities. Notices, calendar events, publicity with photographs and general news articles are part of the regular publicity events
- Orders all advertising, including posters, flyers or mailers for all productions, and arranges media interviews
- Acts as spokesperson for the organization with the approval of the president and the board
- Works closely with Marketing manager and interns
- Communication Proficiency
- Social Media Savvy
- Customer/Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Results Driven
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or equivalent
- Nonprofit sector experience preferred
- Experience in campaigns and social media
- Social Media / Blogging
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Public Relations
- Technical Writing
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Ongoing Staff Member
- Walkathon Coordinator
- Love Social Media? Become a...
- Two Clothing Assistance Program...
- Development Manager
- Love being on social media?...
- Great at Planning? Join the...
- Event Planner
- Ready for a Photo Finish!...
- Sew You Care Event - Fashion...
- Great with fundraising? become a...
- Administative Assistant
- Event planner
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Public Relations /...
- Web Developer
- Fashion designer
- Marketing Manager
- Fit for Fashion Coordinator