WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Love to raise funds for great causes? We could use your help!
Reach Out and Read Connecticut is looking for volunteers to help us raise funds so we can continue to prepare disadvantaged children for academic success. At Reach Out and Read we give brand new books to children 5 years old and younger at their pediatric well-child visits. Additionally, our doctors educate parents on the importance of reading aloud dailing to their children. Low-income children are at the highest risk for reading and school failure. By working through the existing healthcare system, we are able to reach these high-risk children and families and help to develop the critical skills they need in order to read successfully and succeed in school and in life. Let's set up all of our Connecticut children for success.
We can use volunteers in all areas of our fundraising efforts:
- Event Planning: If you like to plan events, big or small, we can use your help and expertise. Events are a great way to educate individuals, corporations, and organizations on our work and raise funds to help support our mission.
- Cultivate Individual Donors: Prefer to work with people one on one or in a small groups? Then cultivating individual donors is more your speed. We can use help identifying individuals who are passionate about our mission, reaching out to them and asking if they will help support our work.
- Love big business? Corporate donations are vital to the work that we do. We need help dentifiying and securing meetings with corporations that align with our mission. If you have sales experience or want to be in sales, this is the position for you!
- Grant Writing Experience? We can always use help writing grants!
- Online Campaigns: Are you technically savvy, refer to work behind the scenes but really want to make a difference? Online campaigns can be extremely successfull and are a great way to educate the masses on the important work that we do. A creative online campaign could be a fun and rewarding experience.
- Got your own fundraising ideas? We'd love to hear them!
Connecticut residence is preferred since we are raising funds for Connecticut but it is not a requirement.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Sales Process
- Sales Marketing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18