The Senior Friends Program matches a caring volunteer with someone age 65+ who is lonely and looking to increase interactions with people. The volunteer is matched with someone who they will visit on a regular basis thereby enabling seniors to remain independent as long as possible and to lessen the effets of isolation. Most of the seniors in this program are home bound living independently or in assisted living. The volunteer acts as a "friendly neighbor" who checks in with the senior and spends some time with them. There is training available for the volunteer. We are asking for a 4 hour a month committment but the times are flexible and determined by the volunteer and the senior.
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per month
- Foster Grandparent Tutor Volunteer
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry...
- Fondy Food Pantry Food Drive...
- Winnebago County Senior Friends
- After School Tutor
- Reading Volunteer - Elementary...
- Food Pantry - Salvation Army
- Book Delivery to Homebound
- ADVOCAP Senior Nutrition Program
- Broken Bread Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Re-Store -...
- St. Joseph's Food Pantry Volunteer
- Senior Dining volunteer - FDL...
- Altrusa Mobile Meal Delivery
- Reading Tutor - Franklin...
- Food for Thought - Fondy Food...
- Senior Companion
- Food for Thought Driver/Loader
- Brown Bag Lunch - Salvation Army
- Thrift Store - St. Vincent de Paul