The Senior Friends Program matches a caring volunteer with someone age 60+ who is lonely and looking to increase interactions with people. The volunteer is matched with someone who they will visit on a regular basis thereby enabling seniors to remain independent as long as possible and to lessen the effets of isolation. Most of the seniors in this program are home bound living independently or in assisted living. The volunteer acts as a "friendly neighbor" who checks in with the senior and spends some time with them. There is training available for the volunteer. We are asking for a 4 hour a month committment but the times are flexible and determined by the volunteer and the senior.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per month
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry...
- Reading Tutor - Franklin...
- Winnebago County Senior Friends
- After School Tutor
- Retired and Senior Volunteer...
- ADVOCAP Senior Nutrition Program
- ADVOCAP Companion Program
- Making the Ride Happen Driver
- Oshkosh Salvation Army Volunteer...
- St. Joseph's Food Pantry Volunteer
- Habitat Fox Cities Construction...
- SMILE for Habitat Oshkosh ReStore