SATURDAY, JULY 21, 2018
11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Summertime Fun Family Festival at St. Augustine Manor on Detroit Avenue in Cleveland
Many volunteers will be needed on Saturday, July 21 to help throughout the day with our Family Festival. This is an outdoor event with games, dunk tank, fish pond, live entertainment, food (hot dogs, popcorn, funnel fries, ice cream, pop) and more. There are many ways to help!
If you sign up to "adopt-a-resident" for the day, you can make the day really special! You will be matched up with one of our residents and assist him/her by getting their food, helping them play the games, and just spending time with them throughout the event. We’ll also need help transporting the residents (pushing wheelchairs) from their rooms to the parking lot and back. Lots of balloons need to be inflated on the morning of the event, and staff will need help setting up. Clean-up after the event includes folding and stacking the chairs, taking down the decorations, etc.
An orientation meeting for volunteers will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday July 21 before the Festival begins.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 4.5 hours from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Volunteers age 12-14 must be accompanied by parent or guardian.
- Spring and/or Fall Cleanup
- Merrily We Roll Along!
- Painters Welcome
- Organist Needed for Catholic...
- SUMMERTIME FUN FAMILY FESTIVAL!
- A Camping We Will Go!
- Many Hands Make Light Work...of...
- Clerical Help for Nursing Staff
- Christmas is Right Around the...
- Having Fun on the Weekend
- Making Mealtime Enjoyable for...
- Who Likes Bingo?
- Assessing Seniors for...