PLEASE EMAIL GARY AT firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
IF YOU DO NOT SEE AN EMAIL FROM US, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
Planet Rehab is seeking a Public Relations Intern to help our mission to grow by publicizing events projects and coordinate opportunities for brand recognition as well as develop fundraising opportunities.
About the Organization:
Planet Rehab is an environmental nonprofit with the mission of protecting the environment by nurturing the relationship between humanity and nature. Its Animal Sanctuary is home to more than 350 rescued and donated animals. Planet Rehab has three main goals: environmental education, habitat protection, and species propagation.
OUR 2020 VISION: According to the United Nations we are causing the biggest mass extinction in the last 65 million years, resulting in the extinction of approximately 150-200 species each day! An important aspect of our plan to combat species extinction is CRESP (Costa Rica Endangered Species Project) whereby we will be relocating to Costa Rica in 2020 to not only protect existing habitats, but to aggressively breed species at risk of extinction. For more information, please visit www.planetrehab.org.
- Identify opportunities for brand recognition (e.g., radio, TV, newspapers)
- Develop materials for online articles, press releases, and newsletters
- Keep abreast of events and activities occurring at Planet Rehab
- Understand and present Planet Rehab’s core mission to external parties
- Coordinate and develop relationships with individuals in radio, TV, and newspapers seeking to showcase Planet Rehab in the media (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Develop a strategy to publicize Planet Rehab’s events and ultimately generate sponsorship potential
- Current student or graduate of a Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Passion for the environment
- Previous experience in public relations
- Experience developing materials for the press
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months. Duration can be adjusted according to the intern’s and Planet Rehab’s needs. Schedule is flexible and will be set at the beginning of the internship.
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn the logistics of nonprofit operations and develop skills in communications, marketing, and publicity. Interns will have the opportunity to build their portfolio and gain professional experience strategizing marketing/communications visibility for a nonprofit organization.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be offered on request.
Also check your SPAM folders if you do not hear from us within 1-2 days!