Grant Writing Internship for Environmental Nonprofit
25 people are interested
Planet Rehab is seeking a Grant Writing Intern to apply for grants on behalf of the organization.
About the Organization:
Planet Rehab is an environmental nonprofit with the mission of protecting the environment by nurturing the relationship between humanity and nature. Its Animal Sanctuary is home to more than 350 rescued and donated animals. Planet Rehab has three main goals: environmental education, habitat protection, and species propagation. For more information, please visit www.planetrehab.org.
- Identify grants and funding opportunities relevant to Planet Rehab
- Research requirements and maintain knowledge of proposal submission process for each grant
- Research characteristics that specific grant organizations seek and tailor applications/proposals to each specific organization
- Create and maintain a calendar for grants and funding deadlines
- Apply for relevant grants and fill out required applications
- Meet required deadlines for each grant
- Current student or graduate of a Communications, English, or related discipline
- Previous grant writing experience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Passion for the environment
10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months. Duration can be adjusted according to the intern’s and Planet Rehab’s needs. Schedule is flexible and will be set at the beginning of the internship.
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn the logistics of nonprofit operations and develop skills in grant writing, fundraising, and donor operations.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be offered on request.
We'll work with your schedule.
2745 w dalepark drsan dimas, CA 91773
- Grant Writing / Research
- Environmental Education
- Donor Management
- Business Development