Funding Development Internship for Environmental Nonprofit
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
PLEASE EMAIL GARY AT email@example.com IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
IF YOU DO NOT SEE AN EMAIL FROM US, PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER.
Planet Rehab is seeking a Funding Development Intern to cultivate relationships with major donors and develop a fundraising strategy for the organization. This is both a Crucial and Exciting Time to be a part of Planet Rehab as we work to create programs to save Endangered Species! In 2019 we will be moving our operations to Panama where we will be working with species at risk of extinction. We are looking for talented individuals with Excellent Communication Skills to assist us in reaching out to the Business Community to help us Save Lives!
About the Organization:
Planet Rehab is an environmental nonprofit with the mission of protecting the environment by nurturing the relationship between humanity and nature. Its Animal Sanctuary is home to more than 350 rescued and donated animals. Planet Rehab has three main goals: environmental education, habitat protection, and species propagation. For more information, please visit www.planetrehab.org.
- Research new funding opportunities and identify high level donors, foundations, and corporate donors
- Draft reports and proposals for donation requests
- Research specific donors and tailor funding proposals for each request
- Communicate with potential donors via phone, email, and in-person
- Current student or graduate of a Communications, Business, Marketing, Sociology, Public Relations or related discipline
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous fundraising experience
- Experience approaching high level donors, foundations, and/or corporate donors
- Passion for the environment is a plus
10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months. Duration can be adjusted according to the intern’s and Planet Rehab’s needs. Schedule is flexible and will be set at the beginning of the internship.
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn the logistics of nonprofit operations and develop skills in communications, fundraising, and donor operations.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be offered on request.
Also check your SPAM folders if you do not hear from us within 1-2 days!
We'll work with your schedule.
2745 w dalepark drsan dimas, CA 91773
- Grant Writing / Research
- Environmental Education
- Donor Management