Save the Rainforest! Business Development Internship for Environmental Nonprofit
DONATE TO THIS
28 people are interested
Planet Rehab is seeking a Business Development Intern to assist us with our Endangered Species Project.
About the Organization:
Planet Rehab is an environmental nonprofit with the mission of protecting the environment by nurturing the relationship between humanity and nature. Its Animal Sanctuary is home to more than 350 rescued and donated animals. Planet Rehab has three main goals: environmental education, habitat protection, and species propagation. For more information, please visit www.planetrehab.org.
About the Planet Rehab Endangered Species Project:
Did you know that humans are destroying 56 million acres of rainforest every year? This is the biggest reason that we are losing 150 species EVERY DAY.
Planet Rehab is dedicated to forming a coalition to protect Habitats and Endangered Species in Panama as part of its Rainforest Initiative. The organization plans to build an animal sanctuary to breed endangered birds and animals, as well as open up an Eco-Educational Center.
- Research laws & regulations
- Assist with Fundraising and Purchase of Rainforest land
- Seek out donors and government grants in Panama
- Help develop and oversee Project Plan
- Communicate with local and national orgs for partnership & sponsorship opportunities
- Current student or graduate of a Business, Communications, Marketing, or related discipline
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for the environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous project management experience is preferred
- Fundraising experience is preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
10-15 hours/week for a minimum of 3 months. Duration can be adjusted according to the intern’s and Planet Rehab’s needs. Schedule is flexible and will be set at the beginning of the internship.
This internship will provide the opportunity to learn the logistics of nonprofit operations and develop skills in communications, fundraising, and business. Interns will have the opportunity to gain professional experience in project management and business development for a nonprofit organization.
This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be offered on request.
Also check your SPAM folders if you do not hear from us within 1-2 days!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Environmental Science