The National Postal Museum is looking for dynamic volunteers to guide Pre K-3rd grade students through interactive field trips. Volunteers use museum objects and educational collections to introduce new approaches to understanding school topics.
- Listen, Look & Do (pre K-K) is a multi-sensory tour with 6 different themes available for an iterative experience. Students increase their cognitive skills by listening to a story, looking at objects in the museum, and then doing a fun, hands-on activity.
- First Class Problem Solvers (1st-3rd grade) is a facilitated, project-based program emphasizing problem solving skills through teamwork, critical thinking, and communication. Students explore museum objects to understand the steps of problem solving, then apply them to a problem in their school or community.
- A lot of new porgrams are in the works, come be part of testing them out!
- General Education
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Min: 1 day/week, M-F 9:30am-12:30pm
- Minimum 1 year commitment