This volunteer assignment is ideal for anyone who is interested in NYC Social Services, providing direct service through member collaboration and who enjoys helping others meet their goals. As a Client Advocate, you will one-on-one with low-income community members to find jobs, secure safe and stable housing, enroll in public benefits, and obtain referrals. As a volunteer you will also provide occasional support in the management of daily office operations. Ongoing training and support will be provided for volunteer advocates.
- Case Work / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year commitment
- Become a Citizenship Tutor
- "Help Bring the Internet to...
- Healthy Habits Teacher
- Chinese Interpreter
- "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned"
- Help feed hungry New Yorkers. (...
- Client Advocate
- Make a Difference! Make a Food...
- Caregiver Coach
- Many Volunteer Opportunities...
- Help homebound seniors organize...
- Become a New Immigrant Mentor
- Administrative Assistant Volunteer
- Outreach Volunteer
- Food Pantry Intake Manager
- Volunteer Interpreter
- Korean Interpreter
- Help Families and Individuals...
- English for Speakers of Other...