We are seeking six dynamic individuals who are passionate about serving youth! The Neighborhood House Youth Tutoring program provides year-long academic enrichment activities for youth K-12th grade. In addition to homework help, this program takes a fresh approach to learning by engaging youth in project-based learning, social development and STEM activities.
The Neighborhood House tutoring centers are located in a public housing communities in White Center (Seattle) and Aiburn. These centers serve as a local gathering spot for area youth, where they can build friendships, participate in fun activities, and receive academic and social support. By becoming an AmeriCorps member with this program, you have the opportunity to make a profound impact in the lives of youth!
AmeriCorps members receive a monthly living stipend, a post-service education award and also extensive professional development and training opportunities. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is seeking exposure to youth development work, or education experience. If you are interested in learning more, contact Courtney Jacob at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10.5 months (9/1/2017- 7/15/2018), 40+ hours/week
- Summer Health Fair in White Center
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Middle School Youth Conference
- Front Desk Support Needed...
- Use your computer knowledge to...
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- Seeking volunteer photographers...
- High Point Teen Programs-...
- Help immigrants and refugees...
- Youth Tutor- Summer Program...
- Preschool Summer Program Support
- One-time volunteer opportunity...