We are seeking two dynamic individuals who are passionate about serving youth! The Neighborhood House Youth Tutoring program provides year-long academic enrichment activities for youth K-12th grade. In addition to homework help, this program takes a fresh approach to learning by engaging youth in project-based learning, social development and STEM activities.
The Firwood Circle tutoring center is located in a public housing community in Auburn. The center serves as a local gathering spot for area youth, where they can build friendships, participate in fun activities, and receive academic and social support. By becoming an AmeriCorps member at this site, you have the opportunity to make a profound impact in the lives of these youth!
AmeriCorps members receive a monthly living stipend, a post-service education award and also extensive professional development and training opportunities. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is seeking exposure to youth development work, or education experience. If you are interested in learning more, contact Courtney Jacob at email@example.com for more details.
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 10.5 months (9/1/2016- 7/15/2017), 40+ hours/week
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor- Seattle
- Youth Tutoring Programs-...
- Employment, Education Outreach...
- Front Desk Help Needed!...
- ESL Tutor (Renton)
- Employment, Education Outreach &...
- ESL Instructor (West Seattle)
- Opportunity to tutor an adult...
- Short Term Human Resources...
- Human Resources Assistant
- Citizenship/ESL Tutor - Kent