Help Lead Welcome Parties for Travelers Visiting Austin
42 people are interested
This is one of the most fun volunteer opportunities around! Hostelling International Austin hosts a weekly happy hour to welcome hostel guests and encourage folks to make friends to share Austin memories with! Volunteers will hangout with guests at the hostel to offer Austin recommendations, share travel stories, and make international friends. We host happy hours every Friday starting at 7:00 pm. We ask volunteers to arrive by 6:45 pm. This is a 21+ volunteer opportunity.
Required to have TABC certification as volunteers will aid in the legal distribution of alcohol. HI Austin will pay for certification if you become a volunteer with us.
Please commit to at least one happy hour per month.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
About Hostelling International Austin
2200 S Lakeshore Blvd, Austin, TX 78741, US
"To help all, especially the young, gain a greater understanding of the world and its people through hostelling."
Hostelling International-Austin operates a 47 bed hostel in Austin. Located centrally on the southeast shore of Ladybird Lake on the hike and bike trail, HI-Austin has been serving hostellers visiting Austin since 1989.
In addition, to further our mission we host free travel classes in the Austin and San Antonio area. Our travel classes are curriculum based and include: World Travel 101, Women Traveling Solo, Europe on a Shoestring, US National Parks and Hostel Hopping, Family Budget Travel and more!
We also have a youth education program called Cultural Kitchen that involves youth coming to hostel, cooking a meal for hostel guests and meeting others from around the world.
For more information please visit:
We'll work with your schedule.
2200 S Lakeshore BlvdAustin, TX 78741
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours
- TABC Certification