This is one of the most fun volunteer opportunities around! Hostelling International Austin hosts a weekly happy hour to welcome hostel guests and encourage folks to make friends to share Austin memories with! Volunteers will hangout with guests at the hostel to offer Austin recommendations, share travel stories, and make international friends. We host happy hours every Friday starting at 7:00 pm. We ask volunteers to arrive by 6:45 pm. This is a 21+ volunteer opportunity.
Required to have TABC certification as volunteers will aid in the legal distribution of alcohol. HI Austin will pay for certification if you become a volunteer with us.
Please commit to at least one happy hour per month.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages and intercultural communication
- Participate in fun appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostel
- People Skills
- Food & Beverage Services
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours
- TABC Certification