Help an elder one-on-one who has been the victim of a crime or is at risk of elder abuse. A wide range of skills can be employed here. Paid mileage and trainings are provided.
Where do your skills lie?
- Have you recently supported a family member or neighbor as they transitioned into increased assistance?
- Are you interested in being a law enforcement liason who could search through incident reports for victims who need services?
- Are you able to make wellness check calls to ongoing clients?
Working as a team, volunteers and staff explore meaningful ways to provide support to elder crime victims. As part of our team, your input will be valued. We encourage our volunteers to ask questions and make suggestions.
Our emphasis at Elder Victim Ministry is also to share God’s love with our victims, reminding them that they are not alone, but loved at all times, through all things by God. With client permission, we offer prayer and help in connecting to churches in whatever manner they may choose. This might range from being placed on a prayer list to full participation in services. We can be their liaison with getting involved again, or for the first time, with a local church.Application, references and a background check are required. Additional Requirements: Keep confidentiality. Comply with Crime Victim Services' Nondiscrimination policy. It is the policy of Crime Victim Services to comply fully with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws.
Trainings are provided and mileage is paid.
- Financial Service Assistance
- Crisis Counseling
- Elder care
- Crisis Intervention
- Law Enforcement
- Life Coaching
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One to two hours a week
- One year commitment, with vacation time off encouraged