TO SIGN YOURSELF UP DIRECTLY, REGISTER ON OUR ONLINE CALENDAR: http://www.earthcorps.org/volunteer.php
While the exact tasks at hand vary, our projects focus on improving the forests and parks in our local cities. Healthy and thriving forests are vital to our community because they absorb and naturally filter rain water, absorb toxins in the air, produce clean oxygen, provide living spaces for wildlife, and they create a place for people to connect with the outdoors.
In order to help create healthy forests, we focus on removing aggressive weeds (like English Ivy or Himalayan Blackberry), maintaining areas where these weeds have been removed, and planting trees and shrubs during the rainy season.
DirectionsFrom I-5 Northbound
- Take exit 157 for ML King Way
- Merge onto Martin Luther King Jr Way S
- Turn right onto S Othello St
- Turn left onto Rainier Ave S
- Turn right onto 42nd Ave S
- Turn right onto S Genesee St
From I-5 Southbound
- Take exit 164 for Interstate 90 E toward Bellevue/Spokane
- Keep left, follow signs for Interstate 90 E/Bellevue/Spokane
- Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-90 E
- Take exit 3 for Rainier Ave S
- Turn right onto Rainier Ave S
- Turn left onto S Genesee St.
- Check route options on Metro Trip Planner: http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment