Looking to join the field of non-profit fundraising? Look no further!
PROVAIL, a leader in the field of supported services for children and adults with disabilities, is seeking a team of Fundraising and Special Events Interns.
If you're a resourceful individual, with an eye for innovation and creativity, who is excited by a challenge and wants to use your internship opportunity to enhance your talents, take risks, and learn the ins and outs of fundraising: this is the perfect internship opportunity for you. You'll gain invaluable project management, special events planning, and marketing experience.
This internship is also an excellent opportunity to gain insight into the non-profit sector and develop knowledge and skills that are highly valued in the current non-profit career marketplace. You will work closely with PROVAIL's Development Team and have the opportunity to learn about any aspect of our work.
The internship involves several elements of Special Event Management and Fundraising, with a focus on:
- Supporting special events implementation
- Distribution of promotional and marketing materials
- Other duties may also include mass mailing preparations, social media management, and other projects as assigned
- Position will report to PROVAIL's Annual Campaign Manager
- Has exceptional speaking, persuading, selling and visioning skills; Ability to speak and write in a compelling way about the organization's funding and programmatic goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Is professional and resourceful, with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple deadline-driven tasks and projects simultaneously with a great attention to detail
- Is detail oriented; incredibly organized; has good time management skills
- Is familiar with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Is current undergraduate or graduate student in Marketing, Communications, Business and Nonprofit management, or a related field
- Is interested in development and/or non-profit work
- Is proactive about learning new skills
- Is excited by the idea of taking a project and running with it!
Ideal internship length is 2-3 months with a commitment of 10-15 hours per week. One day per week will be scheduled as a team meeting day, while other hours will be flexible. Must be available occasional evenings. Travel reimbursements will be provided for pre-approved situations. If applicable, experience can be used for credit in internship course. Depending on performance, the internship may be extended. Must have reliable personal transportation and a personal laptop available for use.
To learn more about PROVAIL, visit www.provail.org.
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 10 hours per week
- Disability Sector Research Intern
- Support Brain Injury Survivors...
- Support Local Students with...
- Work with Brain Injury Survivors!
- Support People with Disabilities...
- 2016 Fall Augmentative and...
- Development and Fundraising Intern
- Build Your Fundraising Skills...
- Volunteer with PROVAIL at...
- Grant Writing and Research Intern
- Build Your Event Planning Skills...