EduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
RuralHealthCARE, an affiliate of EduCARE India, is focused on improving the health of people in rural villages and marginalized communities in India. Through health education and grassroots medical solutions, Rural HealthCARE aims to promote healthy lifestyle choices, increase preventative health measures, and improve access to curative care.
You are responsible for building the capacity for community-based medical services. They should be able to define the culturally appropriate and acceptable form of health care in their respective location. A health intern should develop and maintain new and old projects, respectively.
- Planning, preparing and carrying out Health Clinics in rural areas.
- Providing health education: researching, preparing and conducting workshops on healthy behaviors.
- To travel to nearby hospitals and medical institutions.
- Work with external third parties for partnerships.
- Able to lead health projects that involve the entire center.
- Flexibility and self-motivation.
- Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
- Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
- Strong communications skills.
- Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
- Creative, open minded and positive manner facing challenges and unexpected events.
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such as: health survey on water-borne diseases, health camps, HAAC centre, mapping of Health in the village, workshop on menstruation, nutrition, tobacco and other health issues, manual on menstruation.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
All applications must be submitted to email@example.com. Please send your CV and cover letter, including information regarding the duration of your intended stay and your field of interest.
- General Education
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 months, 6 months preferred up to 12 months