10 people are interested
Seeking Art Gallery Docents at Portland Japanese Garden
ORGANIZATION: Portland Japanese Garden
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Portland Japanese Garden is seeking Exhibition Docents to work in our spring exhibit from March 18, 2023 through June 12, 2023.
The responsibilities of the Exhibition Docent role are to:
- Welcome visitors to the gallery
- Educate visitors about the artworks on display
- Manage traffic in and out of the gallery
- Ensure the artworks are safe from theft and damage
- A warm and friendly personality
- Ability to converse with a diverse range of people
- Availability on weekends or between the hours of 10am-5pm
- All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
Exhibition Docent shifts are available Wednesdays-Mondays between the hours of 10am-5pm. Each shift is two hours in length.
No prior knowledge or training is necessary. The Garden will provide an orientation and study materials for each exhibition.
Please fill out our volunteer application to apply - https://www.volgistics.com/appform/2111703042
1 More opportunity with Portland Japanese Garden
About Portland Japanese Garden
611 SW Kingston Ave., Portland, OR 97205, US
Our mission: Inspiring harmony and peace.
Portland Japanese Garden is renowned as the finest and most authentic Japanese garden outside of Japan. Founded in 1963 and nestled in Washington Park above downtown Portland, Oregon, the Garden is one of the most important Japanese cultural institutions in North America. 450,000 people annually visit the national treasure and participate in its art, cultural, and educational programs. The Garden strives to provide every visitor with an inspiring experience of the beauty and tranquility of the Japanese garden art form. At the same time, the Garden is the beginning point of engaging diverse audiences to expand their understanding of Japan and themselves. Formal and informal education and cultural programs are offered so that visitors of any background or age will find something that is personally meaningful to them. One of a kind art exhibitions focused on Japanese arts, artists, and craftsmanship illuminate cross-cultural dialogue and understanding of the Japanese art form.
611 SW Kingston Ave.Portland, OR 97205
March 1, 2023
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Exhibition Arts
- Visual Arts
- Theater Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of two volunteer shifts per month.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.