Shriners Hospital for Children Medical Center - Lexington Needs Your Help!
161 people are interested
At Shriners Hospitals for Children Medical Center - Lexington, individuals from all walks of life share their time and talents to enrich the lives of others. Volunteers are an invaluable part of our philosophy of care, whether working behind the scenes or interacting with patients, families and staff. Every volunteer position is important and provides a genuine service to our medical center and patients. As a volunteer at the Lexington Shriners Medical Center you will discover a wealth of benefits, including:
- An opportunity to provide support to patients and their families
- Working in an environment that fosters creativity and independence
- Exposure to a unique health care environment
- Flexible work hours
Volunteer placement is based on the needs of our medical center, the kind of work you wish to do and the times you are available. We work hard to match your interests and talents with the needs of the medical center so you will have a meaningful volunteer experience. Volunteer hours are Monday through Friday with flexible shifts between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Please note that we do not offer volunteer opportunities with direct patient contact, nor do we offer volunteer opportunities on evenings or weekends.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Shriners Hospitals for Children
1900 Richmond Rd, Lexington, KY 40502, US
Shriners Hospitals for Children has a mission to:
- Provide the highest quality care to children with neuromusculoskeletal conditions, burn injuries and other special healthcare needs within a compassionate, family-centered and collaborative care environment.
- Provide for the education of physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Conduct research to discover new knowledge that improves the quality of care and quality of life of children and families.
This mission is carried out without regard to race, color, creed, sex or sect, disability, national origin or ability of a patient or family to pay.
Shriners Hospitals for Children is changing lives every day through innovative pediatric specialty care, world-class research and outstanding medical education. Our 22 locations in the United States, Canada and Mexico provide advanced care for children with orthopaedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries and cleft lip and palate. The Lexington hospital treats orthopaedic conditions only.
110 Conn TerraceLexington, KY 40508
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours, weekly