JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
The Grant Writer will be responsible for writing any Federal, State, Local and Foundation grant proposals to enhance the mission of JerseySTEM in helping provide more access to STEM programs for children. The position requires a knowledge of grant writing, excellent written communication skills, and an overall desire to help the organization. This position can be done remotely from anywhere in the U.S.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Generate proposals and supporting documents in response to directions from teammates/organization leadership
- Organize complex information into clear and concise documents for the rest of the organization to understand
- Facilitate submission of grants
- Maintain an organized system of all necessary grant documentation
- Write, develop, and prepare proposals and organization reports for government agencies and other necessary parties when applying for a grant.
- Identify new and future funding opportunities for the organization.
- Ensure compliance with necessary rules, laws, and regulations in relation to grants
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while meeting deadlines
- Possess exceptional written communication skills
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and organize projects independently
Required Education and Experience
- 1 to 3 years of grant writing and administration experience, preferably in the non-profit space
- A history of successfully attaining programs and services through the submission of fully researched, well documented, and exceptionally written grant proposals
Weekly Time Commitment Required
Depending on how quickly you work, it could vary. The research component may take some time in the beginning and as you discover new funding opportunities for the organization. Our best guess would be a maximum of 5 hours per week.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 - 5 hours per week
- STEM Speaker Series coordinator
- Executive Assistant to the Board...
- Corporate Engagement Manager Role
- Community Manager (Newark, NJ)
- Mentoring program coordinator
- App Inventor Coach
- Retail Stores Fundraising...
- Event organizer/recruiter for...
- Public Relations for a Community...
- CyberPatriot program advisor
- Community Manager for Newark, NJ
- Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- Sponsors Development
- Organizational Chart help
- G Suite Administrator
- NationBuilder and Fundraising...
- Constant Contact Voluteer
- High School Counseling for STEM...
- ConstantContact expert