Direct Care Volunteer - Will you share a little of your time?
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where2445 Kuser RoadCounty of Ocean, New JerseyCounty of Middlesex, New JerseyHamilton, NJ 08690
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of New Jersey seeks energetic and compassionate Direct Care Volunteers.
Direct Care Volunteers help by providing support and care to our patients and their family members. You can make a difference by...
- Visiting or calling a patient or family member
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Creating scrapbooks, and sharing memories (life review)
- Writing letters or journaling
- Going for walks with a patient or family member
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
- Video or voice recording (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Helping with children
- Bereavement support
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
- Creating art and craft projects with patients
For all inquiries - Please make sure to check your email/spam folder, or voicemail! The Volunteer Coordinator will be reaching out to you promptly!
- Patient Care
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Opportunities exist throughout New Jersey communities.