Direct Care Volunteer - Will you share a little of your time?
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
74 people are interested
Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of New Jersey seeks energetic and compassionate Direct Care Volunteers.
Direct Care Volunteers help by providing support and care to our patients and their family members. You can make a difference by...
- Visiting or calling a patient or family member
- Providing companionship (from simple conversations to exploring deep feelings)
- Reading aloud or listening to music together
- Creating scrapbooks, and sharing memories (life review)
- Writing letters or journaling
- Going for walks with a patient or family member
- Sitting with a patient so caregivers have free time (respite)
- Video or voice recording (helping the patient record their history)
- Watching movies or playing games
- Helping with children
- Bereavement support
- Sharing a quiet moment
- Simply being present
- Creating art and craft projects with patients
We are currently looking for Direct Care Volunteers to visit patients in their homes, or in long term care facilities located throughout Monmouth, Middlesex, Somerset and Mercer Counties!
If you are interested please reach out to Volunteer Service Coordinator, Steve Nieves at 609-570-4800 or email@example.com for more information. *Please make sure to check your current email and spam folder, for a "Volunteer with Seasons Hospice" follow up email. The Seasons Volunteer Coordinator will connect with you, to answer all volunteer inquiries!
We'll work with your schedule.
Freehold, New JerseySomerset , New JerseyMonroe, New JerseyEdison, NJ 08817
- Patient Care
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- flexible- training can mainly be done online!
- Opportunities exist throughout New Jersey communities.