Longs SC relieve isolation through friendly conversation and a ride!
49 people are interested
Job Title:Office Assistant/Mobility Manager
Professional, computer savvy individuals needed to help coordinate medical and quality of life trips for homebound and disabled seniors throughout Horry County. Utilizing an easy and effective online software application, a fully trained Mobility Manager will be able to schedule trip requests and secure volunteer drivers to ultimately empower seniors to thrive in their own home even though they can no longer drive.
Purpose: Neighbor to Neighbor needs your help in the office to arrange services provided by our volunteers to our clients so they can access the medical treatment and basic necessities of life, including food. The Office Assistant serves as the main liaison between clients and volunteers, supporting the Neighbor to Neighbor mission to improve the lives of disabled, chronically ill, and home-bound individuals and enable them to continue living independently.
Location: The Office Assistant works in the Neighbor to Neighbor office located at 921 N. Kings Hwy. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577.
- Answer the main phone line, make direct calls, and return voicemails.
- Take client requests for transports.
- Fill requests by matching clients with volunteer drivers and/or other appropriate referral agencies.
- Log all incoming and outgoing calls, and make notes in each ride/profile.
- Understand and be able to answer questions from our FAQ sheet
- Log new volunteer and client applications.
- Other administrative duties and special projects as needed.
- Understand and support Neighbor to Neighbor’s mission.
- Have basic computer skills and a desire to learn.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with office staff.
- Communicate with diverse populations on the telephone.
- Be patient and courteous under all types of circumstances, and maintain a warm, helpful and friendly attitude.
- Balance concern for clients with appropriate boundaries.
- Work independently and be a team player.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Be detail oriented and reliable.
Time Commitment: Four-hour shifts offered between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (with flexible days and times available). Office Assistants are asked to work a minimum of 3 shifts per month.
Orientation and Training: Training for this position will be provided. You will be given a clear understanding of the procedures and receive ongoing training.
Support: The volunteer coordinator and staff will always be available for questions and assistance.
Benefits: The chance to improve the lives of seniors in our community. The satisfaction of providing much needed assistance to the homebound, disabled seniors, and volunteers.
About Neighbor to Neighbor of South Carolina
921 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, US
Neighbor to Neighbor of South Carolina, Inc. (N2N), a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, promotes independence, relieves isolation, and connects homebound adults to their community through transportation 2016 Recipient of the state-wide SCANPO Excellence Award (now Together SC). Neighbor to Neighbor dedicated to helping solve adult isolation through passionate and committed volunteers.
Neighbor to Neighbor inspires in us the desire to help our fellow Neighbor who is homebound due to age, disability, and/or chronic illness in Horry and Georgetown Counties.
In the spirit of unselfish love, N2N uses innovative technology and best practices in connecting adults in need with qualified and trained volunteers who provide services, such as transportation to medical appointments and other life enhancing destinations, to promote and maintain independent living.
We'll work with your schedule.
Longs areaLongs, SC 29568
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Scheduling!