- To help an adult 17 years or older improve basic skills in reading, writing or math through a small group setting (instruction in Spanish).
- Assist the instructor in a classroom setting to help adults obtain basic skills in reading, writing and math (instruction in Spanish).
- Vary, approximately 3 - 6 hours per week, could be Thursday, Tuesday evenings or Saturdays.
- Create an environment where students will have a positive learning experience and develop a positive self-concept.
- Assist in lesson preparation for group sessions
- Maintain consistent attendance of group
- Attend in-service training
- Volunteer hours will be tracked by instructor to help provide statistical data
- High school diploma or equivalent with good basic reading and writing skills; fluency in English and Spanish REQUIRED. Dependable, flexible, friendly, patient, optimistic, interested in others, sensitive to cultural differences, respectful of adult learners, successful participation in tutor training, ability to tutor and a successful, positive attitude towards tutoring. Tutors must have a background check.
GED Classroom Instructor (primary), Adult Learning Coordintor (secondary)
- Adult Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 3-6 hours/week