Our volunteer educators will not only learn to handle birds and reptiles, but also present their natural history to both public and private audiences.
Examples of education work:
1. Assisting with school programs and public events, which may include animal handling, answering questions, organizing a craft station, etc.
2. Assisting with AmeriCorps member-led monarch butterfly outreach programs.
3. Assisting with summer camps on Balsam Mountain Preserve property.
4. Planning and leading hikes for Preserve members or public.
5. Taking photographs, writing articles for newsletter, and assisting with website and Facebook page.
- Exhibition Arts
- Environmental Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Community Outreach
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months
- Must have tetanis shot, provide references