A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3)non-profit organization based in New York City. Our focus is to provide children, ages 4-18 who are patients or survivors of juvenile cancer, the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. We believe that artistic expression is critical for healing! A Free Bird supports children affected by cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and any other artistic passion they may have.
We are seeking a talented writer with excellent time-management, team leadership and project management skills to perform a variety of writing, editing, and copyediting. Individuals will attend the events hosted by the organization and write about the events we have and contribute their articles to our yearly magazine!
Recent graduates or graduate students who held editor-positions with their school newspapers, school yearbooks, or other school periodicals are strongly encouraged to apply. Non-Traditional/Continuing Education students strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send Resume and Writing Samples to: HR@afreebird.org
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-5 hours per week
- Please send resume/writing samples.
- Graphic Designer-Magazine
- Children Programs Coordinator
- Volunteer Lawyer!
- VP of Marketing
- Programs Assistant
- Get Excited Coordinator Volunteer
- Give Arts Coordinator Volunteer
- Administration Volunteer
- Sponsor a Child Coordinator...
- Fundraising Intern
- Graphic Designer Volunteer!
- Fundraising Assistant
- Marketing Volunteer
- Volunteer Producer!
- Magazine Editor
- Volunteer Patent Lawyer
- Fundraising Assistant Volunteer
- Marketing Coordinator Volunteer
- PR Social Media Coordinator
- Kids Supporting Kids Volunteer...