Parent Support Group Facilitator (Waltham)
DONATE TO THIS
16 people are interested
About Parents Helping Parents: Parents Helping Parents is a nonprofit offering two support services to parents in need: The Parental Stress Line and Parent Support Groups. Our goal is to empower parents to nurture their children and build stronger families.
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provided a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (you!) to act as a group facilitator for a parent support group in Waltham. As a facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment which characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA accompanied by an online portion.
- 1 year commitment meeting with groups weekly on Tuesday from 7:15-9:00 p.m.
- Willingness to collect and submit Quarterly Report and Annual Report data.
We'll work with your schedule.
415 South St.Waltham, MA 02453
- People Skills
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Family Therapy
- Community Outreach
- Group Facilitation
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 1.5-2 hours per week