Reach Out and Read Connecticut is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator. As a non-profit organization, our volunteers are very important to us and we rely on them for many roles. Our Volunteer Coordinator will:
- Engage and recruit new volunteers.
- Follow up with new volunteer inquiries within 24 hours.
- Provide an overview / orientation of our organization, our mission, and our work to all new volunteers.
- Develop the overview / orientation to be used for new volunteers.
- Keep an updated list of our volunteers including their location in the state, interests and skills so we can call upon them when needed.
- Work with organizations and corporations to engage employees in volunteer opportunities. May need to meet with these organizations / corporations.
- Coordinate volunteer opportunities / keep volunteers organized.
- Coordinate annual volunteer lunch to thank our volunteers.
- Write thank you notes to our volunteers.
- Create and distribute volunteer certificates for the annual lunch or when a volunteer retires.
- Attend our events in Connecticut and coordinate the team of volunteers.
- Coordinate all aspects of our volunteer network.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
Although most of the work can be completed remotely from home, the Volunteer Coordinator must live in Connecticut, have a valid driver's license and transportation.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training