Mattapan Family Service Center
Responsible for assisting students in the ESOL program reach their learning goals.
- Provide assistance to students on a one-on-one and group basis, including tutoring
- Teach conversation classes
- Assist students with computer literacy
- Help facilitate information sessions
- Undergo training to become a TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) assessor
- Assist with data entry and filing
- Perform other related duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
Must have a demonstrated interest in teaching adult students, languages, and language learning. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and strong internet skills required. Bilingual in Spanish or Haitian Creole a plus. Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds.
Length of Commitment:
Fall / Spring Semester (September to December, January to May)
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Monday - Friday, 8 to 10 hours a week with a flexible schedule
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02111; Fax (617) 423-7693; or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Program Assistant" in the subject line.
Please note: this is an unpaid internship.
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Housing Intern/Volunteer
- Front Door Membership Card...
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Family Engagement Coordinators
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Changing Tracks Initiative Tutor
- Changing Tracks Initiative...
- Food Dollars Trainers
- Elder Services Interns
- Homeless Point-In-Time Census
- Special Projects Volunteer
- Case Managers - Jamaica Plain
- Arts and Crafts Instructor
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Administrative Assistants --...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...