Government and Industrial Relations
The events intern will assist over spring, summer, and fall of 2015 with the organization and execution of special projects, primarily baseball and basketball sporting events Field of Dreams and Hoop Dreams, and potentially several smaller events as well.
- Assist in organizing Spring/Summer/Fall 2015 fundraising events
- Organize and supervise volunteer corps for events
- Research potential event sponsors
- Draft communiqués and emails to potential sponsors and individual donors
- Track fundraising efforts
- Assist in the logistical execution of events: including but not limited to guest lists, seating, scheduling, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
Candidates must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and fundraising concepts. A strong candidate will also have enthusiasm for events, a strong eye and memory for detail, and a good sense of humor. Candidates should also have a passion for doing good and be knowledgeable about marketing, public relations, and digital promotion sources such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Interest in basketball and baseball a plus.
Length of Commitment:
April/May - Early September 2015
Candidates must be available 2 days/week with minimum of 10 hours/week. Additional hours are available.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and days/times of availability to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com with subject line: Events Intern.
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Planning / Management
- Event Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Housing Intern/Volunteer
- Front Door Membership Card...
- Video Editing Intern
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Family Engagement Coordinators
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Changing Tracks Initiative Tutor
- Changing Tracks Initiative...
- Food Dollars Trainers
- Elder Services Interns
- Special Projects Volunteer
- Case Managers - Jamaica Plain
- Arts and Crafts Instructor
- ESOL Program Assistant
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- Graphic Design Volunteer
- Administrative Assistants --...
- Administrative Assistant -...
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...