North End / West End Neighborhood Service Center
The North End / West End Neighborhood Service Center is looking for enthusiastic and flexible individuals with a passion for cooking and public service to assist with the Hot Meals Program, which provides a hot, fresh, home-cooked lunch to seniors in the North End needing a meal and companionship.
- Assist with shopping, food preparation, cooking, serving, and clean up
- Interact with program participants and respond to meal and recipe requests
Skills & Qualifications:
Cooking experience required. Experience cooking Italian food and traditional holiday meals such as Thanksgiving Dinner preferred. Experience cooking for crowds highly desired. Must be able to multi-task and respond to multiple requests simultaneously. Must have customer service skills. Must be flexible and willing to assume the various roles required of the Hot Meals Program.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Monday, Tuesday, and Friday for 2 to 3 hours between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Hot Meal Program Volunteer.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Volunteer Application
- Computer Instructor Volunteer
- Campaign Volunteer
- Outreach Administrator Volunteer
- Food Pantry Volunteer
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Housing Search Intern
- Youth Academy Club Leader
- Intake Assistant Interns
- Senior Programs Intern
- Youth Academy Enrichment Class...
- Exercise Instructor Volunteer
- Intake Intern
- Data Entry Intern/Volunteer
- Case Manager - East Boston
- Administrative Assistant - East...
- GATE PROGRAM AMBASSADORS
- Family Services Interns
- Housing Resource Support Volunteer
- STUDENT SUPPORT INTERN/VOLUNTEER
- Community Planning and Research...